If you have chipped teeth, gaps between teeth, or uneven teeth, porcelain veneers may be an ideal choice to improve your smile. These veneers are thin covers that stick to the teeth and provide a more even appearance. If you are looking for a dentist to improve your smile, call Galloway Dental today at 469.273.1376. We are experts at veneers, children’s dentistry, dental implants, and many other forms of dentistry. Your healthy smile is our #1 priority.
All About Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are covers that adhere to the teeth. They can provide a smoother, more classical appearance, smoothing out chips in teeth and closing gaps between teeth. Galloway Dental offers a wide variety of dental veneer options for you to choose from.
Also, veneers are a simple option to improve the appearance of your teeth. They look like natural teeth and can cover the appearance of many dental issues:
- Stained teeth that can’t become white by bleaching
- Worn or chipped teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
- Teeth with spaces or gaps between them
Likewise, veneers are typically created from either porcelain or a composite resin material. At Galloway Dental, we can help you choose the best option.
This kind of veneers is made of a thin porcelain shell, custom shaped to your teeth. Additionally, the benefits of porcelain veneers in Mesquite, TX include:
- A natural looking surface
- Stain resistance
- The dentist won’t need to remove as much enamel as they do with a crown or cap
The Process of Applying Veneers
To put this into perspective, the process of applying veneers includes:
- The dentist will prepare the tooth surface by removing a thin layer of enamel from the front and side. This helps the veneers appear more natural
- The dentist will make a mold of the teeth
- The mold is then sent to a lab to custom form the veneers
- During a follow-up visit, the dentist will check the veneers for fitting. After adjusting, the dentist will bond the veneers to your teeth
In short, the process for resin teeth is the same, although they tend to be less durable and stain resistant.
Before and After Getting Porcelain Veneers in Mesquite, TX
- The teeth and gums need to be healthy. If there is any decay or diseases present, your dentist will need to correct that first.
- Veneers aren’t suitable if you grind your teeth.
- Veneers can break if you bite hard objects. Avoid biting your fingernails or chewing ice.
- It may take a few days to get used to the feeling of your veneers
- It is important to keep your teeth and gums healthy by brushing and flossing.
In conclusion, Galloway Dental in Mesquite, TX can help you maintain your healthy smile for the rest of your life. We are experts in veneers, general dentistry, dental fillings, and many other aspects of cosmetic dentistry. Call us today at 469.273.1376 to discuss your needs and dental health. Our patients’ comfort and dental health is our #1 priority.